During the final Sons of Anarchy press room at San Diego Comic-Con 2014, we had the chance to speak with Executive Producer and Principal Director, Paris Barclay. He had some really interesting info for us about Season 7. You can check out some of in the highlights below, or watch the full video:
- Barclay has learned over the years that the less actors know about the future of their characters, the more they are in the moment, and the more they react to situations.
- He hinted that two of the people in the room that day won’t make it to the end of the season!
- He doesn’t think that Gemma can come back from what she did to Tara.When Jax learns the truth, it won’t be pretty.
- There are a lot of hints in the premiere on what’s going to happen later on in the season. Scenes that may appear to be informational in that episode will actually foreshadow what happens toward the middle of the season. He also mentioned that Episode 4 is one that you’ll want to watch live.
- In creating a final season that is satisfying for fans, he said that about 75% of people will be happy.
- Marilyn Manson is doing a great job as Tully, the head of the Aryan brotherhood in prison. He’s been back several times, and his character is a key contact for Jax.
- He hinted that there is more to Courtney Love’s character beyond just being Abel’s teacher.
- As of that weekend at Comic-Con, Barclay told us that there had already been a couple of sad days on set. He added that during the filming of this final season, the sad days outweigh the happy ones.
Photo and Video by Melissa Girimonte. Copyright © 2014 TheTelevixen.com