Since my first trip to San Diego Comic-Con in 2012, Sons of Anarchy has held a very special place in my overall experience. This year, the cast and producers made their last appearance before the seventh and final season. It was bittersweet because there isn’t going to be another SOA panel or press room to take part in, but was I ever happy to be there for it! One of the most memorable SDCC experiences was this press room round table with Katey Sagal. She discussed Gemma’s actions at the end of Season 6 as well as the upcoming season. Check out highlights from the interview and the full video below:
- She told us that Season 7 begins two weeks following the events of the Season 6 finale, and in true Gemma fashion, she’s decided what is best for the family and how much people need to know about what happened.
- Gemma’s actions at the end of Season 6 were not pre-meditated. How Gemma reacted was as shocking to her as it would be to anyone else who learns the truth.
- Sagal shared that it’s been so interesting to play out this storyline, especially the duality in what comes out of Gemma’s mouth being so different from what’s going on in her head.
- Gemma really did love Tara. She feels grief although she’s the one who took Tara’s life.
- One of the biggest questions when it comes to Gemma this season is “can you live with a lie when the lie becomes huge?”
Photo and Video by Melissa Girimonte. Copyright © 2014 TheTelevixen.com