During the TCA Winter Tour back in January, WGN America presented its first original scripted series, Salem, which included a panel with the series stars, and press round tables with some of the cast.
In the first of our Salem press room videos, we have Ashley Madekwe. Many of you may know her as the scheming Ashley Davenport on Revenge, but she will always hold a special place in my TV loving heart as Bambi on Secret Diary of a Call Girl. She is playing Tituba on Salem, a very different role for her, and she chats about the experience in the clip below. Here are a few highlights:
- Ashley has wanted to play Tituba since the first time she read Arthur Miller’s The Crucible.
- She learned that some of what she thought she knew about Tituba was most likely false. Quite a bit of research and prep went into the role that informed her about this historical figure and misconceptions surrounding her.
- Ashley talked about the very sensual nature of the show, and how sexuality on Salem is very different from her role as Bambi on Secret Diary of a Call Girl.
- She touched on once again working with her husband, Iddo Goldberg
- On a lighter note, Ashley is a well-known fashionista, and shared a fashion tip for the women of 17th Century Salem.
Salem premieres tonight at 10/9c on WGN America in the US, and at 9e/6p on Space in Canada.
Photo and Video by Melissa Girimonte. Copyright © 2014 TheTelevixen.com