The ATX Television Festival made its first programming announcement for 2020, with panels planned for Parenthood, Justified and OZ.
Season 9 of the festival — taking place from June 4 to 7 in Austin, Texas — will feature:
- A Parenthood live script reading and panel celebrating 10 years since the series premiere on NBC. Panelists include creator/executive producer Jason Katims and writer/executive producer David Hudgins along with cast members Peter Krause, Lauren Graham, Monica Potter, Erika Christensen, Mae Whitman, and Craig T. Nelson.
- A Justified writers room reunion marking the 10th anniversary of the series premiere on FX. Panel includes creator/executive producer Graham Yost and writer/producers Fred Golan, Dave Andron, Benjamin Cavell, Chris Provenzano, Taylor Elmore, VJ Boyd, Ingrid Escajeda, Gary Lennon, and Wendy Calhoun.
- A look back at OZ, HBO’s first original one-hour drama that premiered in 1997. The retrospective will look at the series’ unique narrative structure, and feature a conversation with series creator/executive producer Tom Fontana, and cast members Lee Tergesen and Dean Winters.
- A screening of the unaired pilot of L.A. Confidential based on the neo-noir novel by James Ellroy. A conversation with series creator/executive producer Jordan Harper, executive producer Anna Fricke, and executive producer/director Michael Dinner will follow.
- A panel spotlighting NBC’s Female Forward directing initiative, featuring NBC Entertainment Co-Presidents of Scripted Programming, Lisa Katz and Tracey Pakosta. Participating showrunners and directors from the program’s inaugural and 2019 classes to be announced.
Stay tuned for more programming and guest announcements in the coming months!