As we count down the hours to this evening’s Season 5 premiere of Sons of Anarchy, I thought I’d share another great clip from their San Diego Comic-Con press room. This one features the woman behind the new First Lady of SAMCRO, Maggie Siff (Tara). She had some great information to share about her character this season given what happened with her career and with Jax becoming President of the MC.
Here is a bit of what was discussed:
– Siff said that Tara is dealing with Jax’s new role as President by embracing their new roles, especially since their plan to leave Charming and start a new life was shut down, both by her injury and by Jax having to step up and take over. She described it beautifully: “I see it as sort of like we were on a bike, on our way out of town, and we hit a wall.”
– Kurt Sutter has likened the relationship between Tara and Gemma to that of an adolescent daughter and her mother. “I think that’s pretty accurate. There’s a push/pull, and I’m pushing her away a lot to try to discover my own way … and then there are moments that I just really need her.”
– This season, it no longer looks like Tara has the option to go anywhere. Siff stated, “The character and the story is sort of past feeling like there’s a choice in the matter.”
– When asked about Tara as a mother, she thinks that Tara’s not “as on top of it as she should be,” and shared, “You see her kind of checking out of her family life in a different way, in a way that is a little bit reminiscent of Gemma at times … I think [Tara] is trying numb out around certain things.”
– I wanted to know what the most shocking reveal has been so far for her character. Her answer? Learning about Tara’s injury last season. “The investment that I had in [Tara] as a doctor and as somebody who did have a way out, and as the hope for Jax … I didn’t really imagine that would go away.”
Photo and Video by Melissa Girimonte, Copyright © 2012 TheTelevixen.com