I saw an early copy of tomorrow’s episode of In Plain Sight, “Something A-Mish,” and let me assure you that this is one episode you do not want to miss. It may be my favorite of the entire series so far. Here are a few reasons why:
1. Mary and Marshall visit the Amish, and this is just as hilarious as you’d think. Mary is her usual insensitive self, and Marshall, of course, is an expert on Amish culture and has to act as Mary’s interpreter and apologist. Bonus: We get to hear Marshall say “rumspringa” a bunch of times.
2. There’s lots and lots of pie. Mary is rather fixated on pie this episode, from Amish country and then her favorite bakery in Albuquerque. And it all looks really, really good. Warning: This episode may make you hungry.
3. Mary tries to join a knitting group. That alone sounds epic, I know, but this is not just any knitting group. Even Mary ends up being completely scandalized by their behavior.
4. Mary drops a bombshell that will completely change the course of the show. This twist has been widely publicized, so it’s not that much of a shock. (If you haven’t heard and want to know, click here.) But while the news itself is expected …
5. Marshall’s reaction encapsulates everything I love about this show. When I finished watching, I sent a friend a long e-mail that consisted of nothing but “I LOVE MARSHALL I LOVE MARSHALL” over and over. Really. You don’t want to miss this one.
Catch In Plain Sight Sunday night at 10/9c on USA.
Photo Courtesy of USA Network