White Collar‘s summer finale is airing on USA Network tomorrow night at 9/8c. It feels like the first half of the season is ending all too soon, but here’s one consolation: This finale is awesome. Here are five reasons why you should be looking forward to it.
5. I hear USA Network will be airing the first promo for Jeff Eastin’s new show Graceland during the White Collar finale, so that will be exciting. We’ll have more on Graceland later this week!
4. Peter and Neal give a presentation at an FBI conference, and it’s delightful to see Peter in his element – and seen as a hero. Neal is much flashier and often gets all the attention, so I’m glad to see Peter get his due.
3. Of course, the tension between Peter and Neal from last week hasn’t miraculously vanished. But the ramifications of this tension include several characters talking about their feelings more than usual – especially Peter. If you were upset by their argument, hang in there. (After all, as showrunner Jeff Eastin recently pointed out, both actors are contracted through season seven, so they’re not breaking up the partnership any time soon.)
2. As part of their presentation, Peter and Neal discuss old cases and come clean about the one thing that makes their partnership work. It’s not necessarily the answer I would have come up with, but it’s absolutely, completely true. Any guesses?
1. I don’t want to get into hyperbole here, but the final twist really will change Neal’s life forever. As Jeff Eastin told reporters last week (more from that conversation soon!), he prefers to end on still, quiet notes that nevertheless pack an emotional wallop, and he definitely achieves that here. As to the twist itself – there are a lot of hints in this promo, so watch at your own risk!
(Photo courtesy of USA Network.)