Happy Vampire Diaries Season 4 Premiere Day, Everyone! It’s FINALLY here. And I am finally back reviewing The Vampire Diaries again after a year’s hiatus. To say I am excited does not even begin to describe the feeling of being back in the Recapper Chair. I have missed you all and my chair so very much.
Now since new theories are sure to start exploding off our screens and blowing our tawdry little brains to bits the second the premiere ends tonight, I thought I’d leave musings on that ilk for the recap and zip off my quick Top 10 List of what I’m dying to love about this season. We’ll make the ‘we’ part of this post by YOU joining in and posting what you’re most dying to love about it too.
In totally random order – because I can’t possibly prioritize this early, it’s too emotional – here we go:
1. Bloody Bantery Brother Blitzes: In last season’s finale, Stefan let Elena die but Elena survived and is now a vampire thanks to a few cc’s of Damon blood which Dr. Meredith gave her without asking – and yes, we are talking about the same Damon whom Elena kissed totally on purpose and if Brother Jeremy hadn’t interrupted when he did, would have made The Walkway a historic fandom icon; and granted yes, Elena chose Stefan and said goodbye to Damon BUT Vampire Elena has a lot of uncompelled remembering to do and when she does, will she still stand by her choice and if she does, will she be doing so honestly? Because I’ll tell ya, Eternity has a funny habit of frakking with the game. And if we’re all thinking this and so much more already (and you know you are) the Salvatore brothers are too, trrrrrust me * cue bloody bantery brother blitzes to begiiiin!*
2. Vampire Elena: Just musing on how Nina Dobrev will pull off Vampire Elena without being too Katherine or too Human Elena has me spinning, spin-ning, I tell you.
3. Team Jeremy and 00Donavan: Jeremy and Matt teaming up with cross bows and shot guns and tuxedos – what? It’s my list, isn’t it – is most definitely something I am dying to love this season. I am also dying to love discovering the perfect nickname for Jeremy.
4. Elena vs. Rebekah at Mystic Falls High: They’ve killed each other, they share their biggest secret, and now they’re going to be high school rivals. Bring it on! *giddily shovels popcorn*
5. Elijah: Bring him back and let him snatch: …hearts that is. I am a complete sucker for a perfect heart-snatch and no one, NO ONE does it like Elijah.
6. Bonnie-Gone-Bad-Ass: Because a Bennett Witch should be and I’ve been waiting for 3 SEASONS ALREADY.
7. K-yler and Caroline: Klaus in Tyler’s body in cahoots with Bad Ass Bonnie Bennett is a recipe for utter magical murderous mayhem in Mystic Falls and Mystic Falls High. The hairs on the back of my neck are pricking just thinking about where The Writers could go with this and what shocking twists they could throw at us when Caroline discovers she’s been deceived ( because she WILL figure it out).
8. Wolf Power Revival -The arrival of Hayley and Klaus-possessed-Tyler (K-yler) gives me hope the werewolves still have a lot more to bring to our saga *fingers and fangs crossed*. And in case you were wondering, no I have still not recovered from the untimely dispatches of Jules, Brady, and Uncle Shoulders *sniff, sniff*
9. A Formidable Founders Council: We know some vampire hunters (Connor, Alexander) are coming to town but what about the Founding Families? Surely someone among them is going to step up… * taps nails on table and Salvatore-Stares down The Writers*
10. THE prom to end ALL supernatural-teen-drama-proms. Let there be epic losses, shocking showdowns, brain-blowing heroism, bloody taffeta and TUXES.
**Honourable Mention – Elena’s Choice of Daylight Jewellery: I NEED to know these things.
The Vampire Diaries Season 4 premieres tonight at 8/7 c on the CW Network for US fans and CTV Two at 9 pm for those in Canada.
Don’t forget to post in the comments below and tell us what you are dying to love from Season 4. We love it when you do that. We also love it when you watch along with us, so get the popcorn popping, vamp fans – it’s Premiere Night!
Photo Courtesy of The CW