Happy Winchester Wednesday Part Two! I am so grateful for all of you who took the time to discuss the incredible season premiere with me! There was so much to talk about! And another big thanks to everyone who explained the “Tiger Mom” portion of this week’s title. I was so confused.
Of course, there is a lot to discuss this week as well. I was expecting the foot to come off the gas just a little bit but it didn’t. At all. We are still barreling full speed ahead in the magical Impala that fits us all. What a ride.
Because it affected me the most, I’d like to address the Castiel situation first. Dean’s flashbacks during this episode were all about finding his angel and there wasn’t much he wouldn’t do to accomplish his goal. Including putting some of his Hell techniques to the test. When Dean finally found him, he was obviously relieved. After everything they have been through, to see Dean hug him as if he were hugging a long-lost brother, it really moved me. Dean was obviously angry when he learned that Cas had left him on purpose. But Cas had a good excuse. Everything he had done had been to keep Dean safe. Being near him was dangerous. But Dean wanted to take Cas home with him. “I’m not leaving here without you.” Though, the final flash to Cas, screaming for Dean’s help, paints a different picture. I am heartbroken for both of them. Like you wouldn’t believe.
The other thing I would really like to discuss is the INCREDIBLE Mrs. Tran. Kevin’s mom is officially one of my favorites. No wonder Kevin turned out so great. She’s down with her son being a prophet. She is not down with letting her son out of her sight again. “Like it’s my first tattoo.” The lady rocks. And when Sam and Dean’s normal shtick wouldn’t work, she jumps in with just the right threats to get the information necessary. Even Crowley doesn’t make her quake. That punch to the jaw was inspiring. But when it comes down to it, she is willing to give up her soul to keep her son safe. I do love that Sam & Dean are at least honest with her about the loss of her soul. It will hurt and she won’t be dead. But she’ll wish that she was. In the end, Dean can’t slit her throat and get rid of Crowley. Now Crowley has the tablet and Kevin and his mom are far away. Did Smadriel help them after all?
A few other thoughts on the episode:
- Is it normal protocol for a bank employee to watch someone open a safe deposit box? I think this is a case where being nosy did not pay off.
- Dean and his burgers. I’d like to get a count on how many of those he has had since leaving Purgatory.
- Kevin is awesome. “Channing’s broken neck is my problem!” Dean could not be more annoyed but I love Kevin for standing up to him.
- Feels like a long time since we’ve had some good old demon hunting. This whole scene in front of Kevin’s house gives me “No Rest for the Wicked” feels.
- There’s a spell to keep demons IN now? Nerdy Sam is really hot. Missed that guy.
- Dean’s loose tie just does something to me. Apparently it does something for him as well.
- Flashback Dean is vicious and REALLY scary. I find it to be sexy as hell. Am I wrong?
- Mr. Peanut. The nicknames on this show give me a never ending sense of joy.
- Dean was so proud that he knew Pluto wasn’t a planet anymore.
- I believe Dean when he threatens Sam about the car. I really do. “Touch Baby and die,” should be known by now.
- Of course Dean tried to sneak the weapons in. Who else? Also, I was kind of hoping from the promo, that somehow ALL of the weapons in the box were his and hidden on him in some way.
- Dean is the squirrel to Sam’s Moose. Of course he is.
- Smadriel? Is that some kind of joke? It sounds like a joke. Either way, the Weiner Hut angel kid is very saddening. Especially his solid faith in Cas. “Too much heart was always Castiel’s problem.”
- Their combined wealth includes phony credit cards, $2000 and a Costco membership (which Tiger Mom seems to think will be just enough).
- Thor’s Hammer & a Frost Giant finger. LOVE.
- “Maybe you should try plan ‘D’ for dumbass.” Dean looks at him as if the correct pronunciation should be “Dumass.”
- “Palin & a bridge to nowhere? No thanks.”
- Sam wielding Thor’s Hammer seems appropriate, given the length of his hair.
The sad truth is, Crowley was right about one thing. The Winchesters do leave a long bloody trail where ever they go. And we all know that it’s for the good of all. But it doesn’t change things. “What’s one more nightmare, right?”
Next week we get to see more flash backs for both Sam and Dean in an episode directed by our very own Jensen Ackles! Can’t wait!
What did you guys think of “What’s Up, Tiger Mommy?” What are you hoping to see next week? Are you still as excited about Season 8 as I am? BLOW ME UP!
Photos Courtesy of The CW