Tonight is bittersweet for me as Fringe embarks on its fifth and final season. This series has been such a wonderful trip and I’m looking forward to seeing how this journey ends. Now, those of you who know me well know that Walter Bishop is one of my favorite characters on the series – in fact, on any series ever – and that I’ve always said that if I was ever in a room with him, I’d want to hug him and tell him everything’s going to be OK. Now, I didn’t do that, well … because it’s the character I’d want to hug and I’m firmly grounded in reality, but I still found it rather amusing to sit across a table from John Noble and have him say that during their panel, he really wanted to go and hug all of the fans!
Here are a few more highlights from the conversation with John Noble:
- He said that in this final season, there has to be some resolution for his character. Walter “created the issue through his own hubris and his own heartbreak” and the question that begs to be answered at this point is, “how does Walter undo the mistake, and at what cost to himself?”
- Noble shared that it meant everything to them to have that final season to end the story properly and give the fans closure.
- With regard to his new TV granddaughter, he said that he and Georgina Haig (Etta) have already “established a wonderful relationship”, and described her character as a catalyst for the love affair between mother and father, and grandfather.
- When asked about saying goodbye to Walternate, he shared that he couldn’t have wished for a better final ending to their storyline.
- He thought that creating the first half of Season 4 was hard work without Peter’s presence, but the second half was marvellous.
You can watch the complete Q and A in the video below, and be sure to watch the Season 5 Premiere of Fringe tonight night at 9/8c on FOX and 9 ET on CityTV in Canada.
Photo and Video by Melissa Girimonte, Copyright © 2012 TheTelevixen.com