Lyndsy Fonseca really brightened up the Nikita press room with her bubbly demeanor and summery fashion. The actress was the last one to stop by our table, and my video camera died near the end, but I did manage to get some good interview footage to share with you guys. Read on for the highlights, and make sure to check out the video at the bottom of the post.
- How does Lyndsy feel about the fact that Alex will “explore living her life as a sexual adult”? She was surprised and excited to hear that EP Craig Silverstein has hinted that the show will explore the difficulties with intimacy that Alex has, due to her history. “I love that! I’ve been saying that all along! I have said in the second season, when Nathan was around […] I always felt like it’s great that Alex is having this kind of like banter and flirtiness with another guy, but she was a sex slave! Love and sex and boyfriends and all of those things are very different to her than the normal average girl. So, the fact that you say that is very cool and I totally agree. I think that there’s a lot to be discovered in that.”
- Where will we see Alex at the start of Season Three? “So basically, Ryan’s kind of like the commander of the ship for this new version of Division, which is really cool. It’s kind of like everyone that went off to be rogue is now working together as a team and taking over, which is exactly what we’ve been working on for the past two years. And then they all kind of work together in the field.” But Alex will have her own particular challenges, given her status as a Russian heiress. “And I think that Alex is going to have a lot of different challenges because she’s kind of in the media. She’s a public figure. Like, people know who she is, so she can’t really play these undercover roles anymore. She’s gonna be dealing with playing herself as a cover, I guess.”
- Regarding Sarah Clarke, who played Alex’s mother Katya on the show, Lyndsy had only glowing words. “Well, it’s funny because she was kind of like ‘Mom’ in Toronto. I mean, she’s Xander Berkeley’s wife. Her kids are … I would babysit her kids. I love that family so much. Like, the fact that Percy is not on the show is devastating. He’s just such an incredible actor. And I know that villains die eventually, but I just … that family is beautiful and creative and special. […] She’s wonderful. I love her.”
- Will we see more of Katya this year? “I don’t think so. I don’t know. I mean, what do I know? I know very little.”
- How much of the Season Three plan does she know? “I know Alex’s arc and I know her struggles and what she’s got to accomplish. I always tell Craig, ‘Please don’t tell me what I don’t need to know.’ I don’t like playing Alex when I know what’s gonna happen next. Unless … and he knows when I need to know something. And I always ask him, ‘What do I need to prepare for?’ Because I’m really into preparing, because in television you have no time to do so. So, I’m always like, dying to get more information. But at the same time, you know, as a person, we don’t know what our life is coming to next. And I really really believe in our writers and I really love our writers. I know the general arc of the year, and I know my character’s specifics.”
Photo and Video by Lucia Giusti, Copyright © 2012 TheTelevixen.com