Our Nikita press room coverage continues, this time with an interview with Shane West. At San Diego Comic-Con earlier this month, the actor spoke a bit about Michael and Nikita’s newly solid relationship, and gave some insight into his character’s new role in Division. West also offered some teases for the Season Three opener, and reflected upon the complexity of the upcoming challenges. Read on for all the details, and check out the video below.
- First, West talked about the state of Nikita and Michael’s relationship. “It’s on the up and up at this point. The only conflict at the end of Season Two, at least with them two, was the fact that Michael wasn’t necessarily in agreement of staying in Division and running Division. But their relationship at least was solid at that point, finally, by the end of the season. So, you’re gonna see a lot more positive times, potential Mikita moments and things like that at the beginning of the year, under duress, under crazy circumstances. But I think what’s gonna make them solid is that relationship. Because they’re completely confused in even being there. […] So, their actual love relationship is what’s going to keep it flowing. I think you might see a little bit more Mr. and Mrs. Smith type stuff where they’re literally on missions together, under duress, and at least they have each other. You will see that right off the bat in the first episode—I can say that much.”
- How will Michael’s role be defined at Division in the upcoming season? “Michael’s not gonna be training recruits, so I’m not sure what he’s gonna do besides be the muscle. But Nikita’s the muscle as well. Ryan’s running Division now, but we’re not exactly agreeing with anything he’s saying. But yet, the President is pressuring him to do everything. So, you’re gonna see one big dysfunctional family.”
- “But what you got in the first episode is a lot of comedy and a lot of stress and a lot of action and a lot of everything, right off the bat.”
- Will we see Cassandra and Max this season? West doesn’t think so. “It hasn’t been brought up.” He also pointed out that Helena Mattsson has booked a series in New York (666 Park Avenue).
- “We start off in China. We’ll be in China. So, we’re gonna be all over the place.” Not literally in China—the budget’s not that large, West joked. They will be fictionally in China.
- Does Michael feel satisfied with Percy’s end? Will he feel lost at all, or does he feel like Percy’s death closed a door. “I think it’s closing the door. You know, look, that is two people that Nikita killed instead of Michael. But you know, I think under those circumstances you kind of get over your ego at a certain point. What’s done is done and that’s good. I think maybe he wishes he had a part of it, but the whole thing is I think he’s more worried about where Nikita is emotionally, rather than himself. He’s used to burying things, so I think he’ll be okay with that. Percy’s gone, and that’s not something for him to worry about. Now they’ve got to worry about Amanda.” Awww. That’s the kind of thing that makes us love Michael, right?
- What about the rogue agents? Could they be trying to do the right thing too? “Well that’s the great thing about having as many as they want to do. […] You’re right. I think … we’ll absolutely do that, but I think a lot of the time they’ll also make them more like people like Roan and things like that—just completely off the grid and crazy. […] Actually, in the first episode, the first person they’re after is completely … he’s in it. He’s in it worse than … about as bad as Roan. He’s in it worse than Owen was when he was on the pills. And he brings up a couple points with Nikita, saying ‘I don’t trust you, I don’t believe you, because Amanda called me and said that the president isn’t even talking to you.’ […] Because you’re right, that’s what they were trying to do. I think that makes for a much more exciting season. Because every villain—guy, girl, different age, whatever age—it’s going to be different and unique for each one.”
Photo and Video by Lucia Giusti, Copyright © 2012 TheTelevixen.com